Download VideoCast for ChromeCast 1.8 for Mac from our website for free. This Mac application is a product of BEWHERE PROJECTS LTD. The following versions: 1.3 and 1.0 are the most frequently downloaded ones by the program users. This program was developed to work on Mac OS X 10.7 or later. The software is also known as ‘VideoCast’. As a powerful streaming app Elmedia Player allows you to air local files from Mac computer to Apple TV, Smart TV or other compliant devices over Chromecast, AirPlay and DLNA. You can also use the player as an AirPlay receiver by streaming media from iTunes, another Mac. Chromecast for Pc — Free Download for Windows 7, 8, 10 or Mac Os X. Google always try to make our life easier. With this moto, they have already launched many apps and devices. Visit the Chromecast setup page and download the Google home. Then, follow the directions to connect your wireless network. Setup or connect Chromecast on PC.
You can upgrade to OS X El Capitan from OS X Snow Leopard or later on any of the following Mac models. Your Mac also needs at least 2GB of memory and 8.8GB of available storage space.
MacBook introduced in 2009 or later, plus MacBook (13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008)
MacBook Air introduced in late 2008 or later
MacBook Pro introduced in mid 2007 or later
Mac mini introduced in early 2009 or later
iMac introduced in mid 2007 or later
Mac Pro introduced in early 2008 or later
Xserve models introduced in early 2009
To find your Mac model, memory, storage space, and macOS version, choose About This Mac from the Apple menu . If your Mac isn’t compatible with OS X El Capitan, the installer will let you know.
Make a backup
Before installing any upgrade, it’s a good idea to back up your Mac. Time Machine makes it simple, and other backup methods are also available. Learn how to back up your Mac.
It takes time to download and install OS X, so make sure that you have a reliable Internet connection. If you’re using a Mac notebook computer, plug it into AC power.
Download OS X El Capitan
For the strongest security and latest features, find out whether you can upgrade to macOS Catalina, the latest version of macOS.
If you still need OS X El Capitan, use this link: Download OS X El Capitan. A file named InstallMacOSX.dmg will download to your Mac.
Install the macOS installer
Double-click the downloaded file to open a window showing its contents. Then double-click the file within, named InstallMacOSX.pkg.
Follow the onscreen instructions, which will guide you through the steps necessary to install.
After installation of the installer is complete, open the Applications folder on your Mac, then double-click the file named Install OS X El Capitan.
Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions. You might find it easiest to begin installation in the evening so that it can complete overnight, if needed.
Allow installation to complete
Please allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. Your Mac might restart, show a progress bar, or show a blank screen several times as it installs both OS X and related updates to your Mac firmware.
- OS X El Capitan won’t install on top of a later version of macOS, but you can erase your disk first or install on another disk.
- You can use macOS Recovery to reinstall macOS.
Google’s Chromecast Device makes it really easy to project media from MacBook to TV. You will find below the steps to Setup and Use Chromecast on Mac.
Setup and Use Chromecast On Mac
Previously, it was possible to Setup Chromecast on Mac by downloading the Chromecast App to computer and completing the entire setup process directly on a MacBook.
However, Chromecast App is no longer available for download on Computers and currently the only way to Setup Chromecast Device is by downloading Google Home App on a Mobile Device.
Once the Setup process is completed, your Mobile Phone and the Home App is no longer required to project media from MacBook to TV using Chromecast.
With this understanding let us go ahead and take a look at the steps to use Chromecast on MacBook.
1. Attach Chromecast Device to TV
The first step is to attach Chromecast Device to your Home Television.
1. Plug in the HDMI End of Google Chromecast Device into the HDMI Port of your Home TV and Plug the USB End of Chromecast to USB Power Adapter (See image below).
2. Next, use the Remote Control of your Home Television to change the Source Input of your TV to match the HDMI Port (HDMI 1, HDMI2….) into which the Chromecast device is plugged-in.
Note: On most Remote Controls you can change the Input Source by pressing Input or Source button.
Press the designated button on the Remote Control and make sure the Television display changes to the selected HDMI Port.
2. Setup Chromecast Using Google Home App
The next step is to setup the Chromecast Device by using Google Home App on your Mobile Phone or Tablet.
As mentioned above, the Mobile Device is only required during the setup process, after which you will be able to use Chromecast directly on your MacBook.
1. Download Google Home App on your iPhone from the App Store.
2. Once the Home App is downloaded, open Home App and tap on Accept to agree to Terms and Conditions.
3. On the Home Screen, tap on Set up 1 device option.
4. On the next screen, select Home and tap on Next.
5. Wait for Google Home App to Locate your Chromecast device and tap on Yes to continue.
6. You should now see a Code on the screen of your TV and a Code on the screen of your Phone. Tap on Yes if you are able to see the Code on TV screen.
7. On the next screen, you can tap on either Yes, I’m in or No thanks to move to the next step.
8. Next, select a Location for your Chromecast Device and tap on Next.
9. On the next screen, select your WiFi Network and tap on Next.
10. Finally, enter your WiFi Network Password to finish the Setup process of your Chromecast device.
3. Download and Install Google Chrome
You can skip this step if Google’s Chrome browser is already installed on your MacBook. If not, follow the steps below to Download & Install Google’s Chrome Browser on your Mac.
1. Using Safari browser, go to Google Chrome’s website to download the latest version of Google Chrome on your Mac.
2. Open the downloaded googlechrome.dmg file on your Mac by double-clicking on it.
3. Move Google Chrome to the Applications Folder on your Mac.
You will now find Chrome browser Installed and ready for use on your Mac.
4. How to Use Chromecast on MacBook
All that is required to use Chromecast on Mac is to access the Cast feature as available in Chrome Browser.
1. Open the Chrome Browser on your MacBook.
2. Click on 3-dots menu icon and select the Cast option in the drop-down menu.
3. Now, when you play any YouTube Video or Netflix Movie on your MacBook, you will find it playing on the larger screen of your Home Television.
Another way to Project from MacBook to TV is to start playing the video or movie on your MacBook and click on the Cast Icon located at the top-right corner of your computer
Chromecast Download Mac Os X
Note: The Cast Icon appears only on YouTube, Netflix and other supported Apps.